Saucy Barbecue Site Celebrates Great Aussie Traditions
South Australian producer Beerenberg Farm was well known for its premium Australian jams and pickles, but needed to raise awareness of its range of sauces. With the help of Hughes PR, they launched a ‘sauces’ campaign focusing primarily on social media.
Key objectives of the campaign were to:
- Raise awareness of the Beerenberg brand across Australia
- Raise awareness of Beerenberg’s barbecue sauce products
- Enhance Beerenberg’s database; and
- Test relevance and effectives of social media for Beerenberg.
Key activity included:
- Teaming up with Adelaide-based digital agency Enpresiv to roll out an engaging digital campaign.
- Developing a campaign microsite which was supported by Google Ads allowing site visitors to submit stories, photos and videos.
- Developing a competition on the microsite where weekly winners became finalists, with a judging panel selecting the “Ultimate Aussie BBQ Legend.”
- Creating a Facebook page and Twitter account to support the campaign and drive traffic back to the microsite.
- Instigating a proactive media publicity program to support the digital campaign.
Membership numbers on Facebook surpassed all expectations, providing a sustainable long-term platform for Beerenberg to engage with BBQ fans.
The campaign culminated in:
32,734 unique visitors to the web site and 166,420 page views
More than 6,000 Facebook fans and over 9,000 views
400 entries and thousands of votes to the competition
More than 400 Twitter followers
Coverage in traditional media including newspaper articles and radio interviews
Beerenberg will continue to use social media platforms within future communications and marketing programs.