Since establishment in 1992, Hughes has worked with clients across a broad range of industries including local, state and federal government, the professions, banking and finance, mining and resources, defence, manufacturing, property, food and hospitality.
PROPERTY & DEVELOPMENT
Hughes has more than 30 years experience supporting the property development industry nationally – from project conception and approval through to delivery, marketing and sales support. Our clients include some of the most respected names in the development industry, namely: AV Jennings, Adelaide Development Company, Asian-Pacific Group, Cedar Woods, Premier Capital Developments, Starfish Developments, Zhengtang Group and many more.
The projects on which the Hughes team has worked have delivered new homes and apartments worth many billions of dollars for tens of thousands of Australians across SA, Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Since 2010, Hughes has extended its services and applied its expertise beyond public relations and marketing communication to provide a comprehensive single-point solution to branding, marketing and sales support – working hand in hand with our developer clients, their consultants and sales teams to provide a seamless solution to project positioning, brand awareness and marketing.
Our broad and deep experience makes us unique:
- As a result of our involvement in projects from the earliest stages, we understand the internal and external forces which shape them. In fact, our ability to share almost three decades of learning often contributes to a project’s final form and positioning.
- Our independence and ‘third party’ perspective adds value to the marketing process and sales outcomes.
- The agility, flexibility and consistency provided by our ‘single service point solution’ benefits clients and their teams through informed, timely, seamless and cost effective delivery of communication support and market collateral.
- This extends beyond setting up a project for success into driving ongoing market awareness through events, publicity, and social and digital media including video production.
Hughes has provided strategic communications and PR support to Australian and global defence clients including ASC, Defence SA, the Defence Teaming Centre and global protected vehicle manufacturer Force Protection.
We have extensive government and industry experience covering all facets of communications including reputation management and targeted ‘brand building’ campaigns through industry and mainstream media.
Our work for each defence client is based on the development of a strategic communication program aligned to their business goals with a view to:
- Enhancing their reputation;
- Anticipating and addressing issues to minimise the impact on organisation reputation; and
- Having communication protocols and channels in place and practiced to ensure day to day business issues do not escalate into crises with the potential to impact on organisational success.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND CONSTRUCTION
Over the life of the consultancy Hughes PR has managed communications for civil and commercial construction and infrastructure projects worth over $15 billion.
Hughes PR can:
- Play a role in supporting community consultations / community engagement;
- Manage communication to multiple stakeholders including employees, business partners, government decision-makers and communities to maximise an environment of success in the lead up to a project as well as subsequent management of communications during and after project delivery;
- Protect reputations through effective crisis and issues management – particularly in the areas of personal and public safety, security and continuity of supply.
FINANCE & THE PROFESSIONS
Hughes knows that trust is fundamental to success in the areas of banking, finance, superannuation and the professions. We view our role as key to building trust, managing reputations and protecting our clients’ brands and their value as perceived by their customers and clients.
We provide support in the areas such as strategic communications planning, business to business communications, issues and crisis management.
ENERGY & RESOURCES
We understand that meeting Australia’s energy needs is more than flicking a switch. We understand that developing resource opportunities requires more tools than just a spade.
Our experience and expertise spans multiple stakeholder communications from government policy and decision-makers, to investors, employees, the communities immediately impacted by the infrastructure or mining activities and the consumer.
Hughes has worked across key campaigns and communications activities for leading health organisations including; Sportsmed, Repromed, SAHMRI, the Heart Foundation, Cancer Council SA and the new Royal Adelaide Hospital.
In addition, the consultancy has provided communications support for a range of hospital and aged care development projects undertaken by our client Hansen Yuncken. This has included the $250 million Orange Base Hospital redevelopment, the privately funded $150 million Medical Centre in Hurstville, NSW and the new Royal Adelaide Hospital (nRAH) in Adelaide. Key outcomes of projects include communications planning, national publicity and media liaison, media training for key spokespeople, issues and reputation management, community education initiatives and stakeholder engagement.
Hughes has extensive experience in developing comprehensive communications strategies for educational institutions, generating publicity for the achievements of staff and teachers, managing and strengthening reputation, building community ties and developing digital and social media strategies.
We have worked closely with numerous clients across the education sector including; Flinders University, TAFE SA, Scotch College, St Patrick’s Technical College, Saint Ignatius College, Hamilton Secondary College, Carnegie Mellon, University of Adelaide, and through our work in developing a communication strategy for the Journey to Higher Education program for Flinders University, the University of South Australia and Adelaide University.
FOOD, RETAIL, HOSPITALITY
Hughes – a member and sponsor of Food South Australia - has a strong track record in supporting businesses in the food, hospitality and retail sectors with global brands such as McDonald’s trusting us to manage their reputation.
At the other end of the scale we have supported the growth of iconic local businesses, such as Beerenberg and Zerella Fresh, to grow beyond our state borders and fly the South Australian flag interstate and overseas.
We understand the importance of consumer loyalty and brand recognition in a crowded marketplace. We apply our skills to build and protect brands while simultaneously stimulating consumer demand through a range of communications strategies.
We recognise the need to talk directly to the consumer, building long-lasting relationships, starting a conversation, generating excitement around products and services.
NOT FOR PROFIT
We are committed to supporting the community that supports us. We have worked with numerous not-for-profit organisations to promote their services to the community through targeted and positive communications delivered in an economic and effective manner.
We have a diverse range of services to offer this sector including tender writing, event promotion, stakeholder engagement, membership and supporter development, social media campaigns, corporate relationship building, award submissions and assistance with fundraising applications and activities.