National Pharmacies opens its first 24-7 pharmacy in SA
National Pharmacies will open its first 24-7 pharmacy in Adelaide as part of a State Government initiative to provide South Australians around-the-clock access to pharmacy services and medicines.
The National Pharmacies Norwood store will service the central Adelaide region and is one of three pharmacies selected through a competitive tender process to provide 24-7 pharmacy services across metropolitan Adelaide from early next year.
The State Government is investing $2.5 million a year to fund the initiative.
National Pharmacies CEO Vito Borrello said National Pharmacies was delighted to be expanding its role as one of the state’s largest community pharmacy groups by extending the Norwood store’s operating hours to 24-7.
“National Pharmacies congratulates the State Government for supporting South Australians to access prescription medications and pharmacy services and advice when they need it, day or night,” said Mr Borrello.
“Our key purpose is to care for people and we are proud to be providing our community with access to afterhours pharmacy services and advice at a time when they may need it most,” he said.
Delivering on a key election commitment, the Malinauskas Labor Government says the 24/7 pharmacies will help to reduce avoidable presentations to busy hospital emergency departments by providing access to medicines, pharmacy services and advice around the clock.
South Australian Premier Peter Malinauskas said: “People get sick at any time of day and having prompt access to medication and trusted health advice is vital.”
South Australian Health and Wellbeing Minister Chris Picton said: “Lack of access to pharmacies after hours is a concern that is raised by many families, and often leaves people with nowhere else to turn but emergency departments. This is not only inconvenient for them, but places extra strain on our busy emergency departments.”
A pharmacist will be on staff 24 hours a day at each of the three pharmacies to provide expert advice and professional pharmacy services, including dispensing prescription medicines.
The three pharmacies will also have security plans including on-site security guards overnight.
- END OF AN ERA FOR BOILEAU BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY
- Hundreds flock to 24/7 National Pharmacies store in first week
- Flinders Port Holdings welcomes PV Spirit to its fleet
- Adelaide welcomes back Emirates
- RDA highlights 23 projects to build the state to 2028
- SA’s first 24-hour pharmacy opens in Norwood
- Blog: Navigating the use of visual language in corporate communications
- Experienced Communications Adviser Bronwyn Hurrell Joins Hughes PR
- Parkstone and Centennial buy top performing Bundaberg retail centre
- Shovel ready for CH4 Global’s first full-scale EcoPark on Eyre Peninsula
- CH4 Global™ delivers Methane Tamer for South Australia’s first continuous commercial use
- Aus Lights returns to delight in 2024!
- Hutt St Centre’s Aspire program eases pressure on hospitals, saves the Government $32.7m
- CH4 Global Recognized as a Key Climate Solution in the World Farmers’ Organization's Future of Food Series
- DETPAK LAUNCHES AUSTRALIAN-FIRST BROAD RANGE OF SUGARCANE PACKAGING WITH NO-ADDED PFAS
- Helping Hand partners with Findon Technical College to offer career opportunities in aged care
- Calling all potential puppy raisers - Guide Dog puppies are coming to Yorke Peninsula!
- National Pharmacies opens its first 24-7 pharmacy in SA
- Blog: Navigating a seamless festive season
- Businesses urged to give the Christmas gift of corporate volunteering