Property development leaders in Adelaide for UDIA national congress
International guest speakers headline three-day event
The challenges and opportunities for Australia’s land and property development sector will be under the spotlight this week as industry leaders from around the world gather in Adelaide for the Urban Development Institute of Australia’s 2016 National Congress.
More than 450 delegates from across the nation will visit the South Australian capital to hear from over 30 expert speakers about the future of property development in Australia.
The Congress, themed “Buzz: Creating Places Where People Want to Live”, will explore how to activate living places in ways never thought of before using lessons learnt across the globe.
Key speakers at the Congress include:
Day 1 – Tuesday 8 March
- Greg Hunt MP – Federal Minister for the Environment
- Dr Philip Lowe – Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia
- John Campbell – former CEO of Toronto’s Waterfront Development Team in Canada
- Larry Ng Lye Hock – Group Director at Urban Redevelopment Authority in Singapore
- Andrew McEvoy – Chair of the SA Riverbank Authority Board
Day 2 – Wednesday 9 March
- John Rau MP – Deputy Premier of South Australia
- Brian O’Looney – Design Principal of Torti Gallas in Washington, US
- Michelle Cramer – Director of Hames Sharley
- Scott Langford – General Manager of Junction Australia
Day 3 – Thursday 10 March
- Thomas Lamberth – Vice President at UDR in Dallas, US
- Robert Doyle – Lord Mayor of Melbourne
- Martin Haese – Lord Mayor of Adelaide
- Lisa Scaffidi – Lord Mayor of Perth
- Tony Perrin – Frasers Property
- Adrian Allen – Stockland
The Congress will also include a series of study tours for delegates taking in the Adelaide CBD, Mount Barker, Tonsley, Bowden, Lightsview, St Clair and McLaren Vale.
The event will conclude on Thursday evening with the 2016 UDIA National Awards, which will be announced at a gala dinner at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
UDIA (SA) Executive Director Pat Gerace said the South Australian property development industry is excited to welcome its interstate counterparts and overseas guests to Adelaide this week.
“The UDIA National Congress is arguably Australia’s biggest and best property development industry event, so it’s fantastic for Adelaide to host this year’s conference while showcasing all the great things our fantastic city has to offer to national and international guests,” said Mr Gerace.
“The line-up of guest speakers this year is first-rate, so delegates can expect to learn plenty about best practice development practices and hear about the many challenges and opportunities for our sector in the future.”
The UDIA is the peak body representing the property development industry in Australia. The not-for-profit organisation seeks to create awareness that national prosperity is dependent on Australia’s success in housing our communities, and building and rebuilding cities for future generations.
For more information, including the full Congress program, visit www.udiacongress.com.au.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Please contact
UDIA (SA) Executive Director Pat Gerace on 0417 811 621
ISSUED BY HUGHES PUBLIC RELATIONS: Please contact
Kieran Hall on 0422 147 151 or email@example.com