Developer Morgan and Hansen teamed up with Hughes to manage communication around approval for – and marketing of – its environmentally sensitive Verde mixed use residential, commercial and retail development in the near-city suburb of Kent Town.
The development – the first in South Australia to use cross-laminated timber (CLT) in construction – incorporates 54 apartments, six SOHO residences and six commercial street frontage properties.
Unique features in the development also included an internal private courtyard, central landscaped communal piazza, and its Trans4ma convertible space apartments
Objectives set for the communications program included:
- Developing and delivering a brand proposition showcasing Verde as a unique and desirable project;
- Identifying and mitigating any risks associated with the project including any potential community opposition;
- Building registrations of interest and sales leads;
- Driving sales;
- Establishing the credentials of Morgan and Hansen and joint venture partner FA Mamac to give all stakeholders, in particular buyers, confidence in the project;
- Educating the South Australian market about the benefits of cross-laminated timber (CLT) and giving buyers confidence to purchase; and
- Creating a positive environment to support the project launch.
Hughes was able to offer Morgan and Hansen an integrated solution which involved the consultancy developing and implementing a branding and marketing communication program that took the project seamlessly from planning to delivery.
The communication strategy comprised the following elements in support of the client’s goal of generating positive project awareness; driving buyer interest and securing strong purchaser pre-commitments and included:
- Project naming and brand positioning;
- Development of a brand identity and all marketing collateral including logo development and design, registration and marketing websites, sales brochure, photography, onsite signage, architectural floor plans and plates and digital marketing materials;
- Establishment of key messages to position the project appropriately with potential buyers, community, media, government and the property industry;
- Development of a database development and engagement program to maximise interest in the project and pre-sales;
- Production of video content to promote the key attributes of the development including the innovative Trans4ma convertible space apartments;
- Publicity program to build the brand story through targeted media in local, state-based and national media outlets.
View our Graphic Design case study to see examples of the work we produced for Verde.