DETPAK LAUNCHES AUSTRALIAN-FIRST BROAD RANGE OF SUGARCANE PACKAGING WITH NO-ADDED PFAS
Packaging solutions company Detpak has become the first Australian business to release a broad range of compostable, No-Added PFAS sugarcane plates, bowls and containers called Vanguard®.
The Vanguard® range from Eco-Products® uses a unique proprietary formulation to achieve grease resistance without relying on the addition of PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances).
“While understanding about the human health effects of long-term, low-level PFAS exposure is still developing, there is global concern about the persistence and toxicity of these chemicals in the environment,” said Detpak Product and Brand General Manager Keith Bishop.
“We are working with our customer base on phasing out PFAS from their products and materials, and the introduction of the Vanguard range is a key milestone of our strategy in phasing out added PFAS from our entire product range,” said Mr Bishop.
Vanguard® is a groundbreaking compostable packaging range that is made from renewable moulded sugarcane fibre. Being first to market in Australia with this broad range of No-Added PFAS food packaging demonstrates Detpak’s continued commitment to sustainability leadership by providing innovative packaging for a better tomorrow.
“Being first to market with this broad range of No-Added PFAS sugarcane packaging showcases Detpak being ahead of the curve with the movement away from chemicals of concern,” said Mr Bishop.
He said Detpak would be the exclusive retailer of the Vanguard® range in Australia. “Detpak’s launch of the Vanguard range aligns with the group’s global sustainability targets, including increasing its percentage of products which meet or exceed APCO’s Sustainable Packaging Guidelines.” APCO (Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation) CEO Chris Foley said the removal of PFAS from packaging was a priority.
“As Australia’s co-regulator for packaging, APCO, has been working closely with our members, including Detpak, to identify the presence of PFAS in packaging in Australia and, where it is identified, phase it out,” said Mr Foley.
“The support of APCO’s industry members, including Detpak, is crucial to the success of this work and to the goal of eliminating PFAS in packaging in Australia,” he said.
The Vanguard compostable packaging range is currently in market and available throughout Australia.
- END OF AN ERA FOR BOILEAU BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY
- Hundreds flock to 24/7 National Pharmacies store in first week
- Flinders Port Holdings welcomes PV Spirit to its fleet
- Adelaide welcomes back Emirates
- RDA highlights 23 projects to build the state to 2028
- SA’s first 24-hour pharmacy opens in Norwood
- Blog: Navigating the use of visual language in corporate communications
- Experienced Communications Adviser Bronwyn Hurrell Joins Hughes PR
- Parkstone and Centennial buy top performing Bundaberg retail centre
- Shovel ready for CH4 Global’s first full-scale EcoPark on Eyre Peninsula
- CH4 Global™ delivers Methane Tamer for South Australia’s first continuous commercial use
- Aus Lights returns to delight in 2024!
- Hutt St Centre’s Aspire program eases pressure on hospitals, saves the Government $32.7m
- CH4 Global Recognized as a Key Climate Solution in the World Farmers’ Organization's Future of Food Series
- DETPAK LAUNCHES AUSTRALIAN-FIRST BROAD RANGE OF SUGARCANE PACKAGING WITH NO-ADDED PFAS
- Helping Hand partners with Findon Technical College to offer career opportunities in aged care
- Calling all potential puppy raisers - Guide Dog puppies are coming to Yorke Peninsula!
- National Pharmacies opens its first 24-7 pharmacy in SA
- Blog: Navigating a seamless festive season
- Businesses urged to give the Christmas gift of corporate volunteering