Experienced Communications Adviser Bronwyn Hurrell Joins Hughes PR
Experienced communications professional and former political media adviser and journalist Bronwyn Hurrell has joined Hughes.
Bronwyn has close to 30 years’ experience in media and public relations – as a journalist, senior government media adviser, corporate communications manager, and consultant – with Hughes welcoming her to the team in mid-January.
Bronwyn began her media career in South Australia at The Advertiser, working as a senior journalist in Adelaide and later in Sydney and Canberra.
As a reporter, she covered state and federal politics, the environment and courts. She also worked as a sports reporter, covering the Sydney and Athens Olympics, as well as domestic cricket. For many years she wrote a regular opinion column.
Following her years at The Advertiser, Bronwyn developed her career as a communications strategist, leading communications and marketing teams for complex organisations. Specialising in media, reputation and issues management, she went on to become a trusted adviser to a Premier, State Government ministers, chief executives, and a Vice Chancellor.
Bronwyn is well known to South Australian media, having served as former South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill’s media adviser for more than 10 years, running day-to-day media conferences and providing on-call media liaison to local and national media outlets.
In this role, she gained extensive insights into government policy, particularly in education, housing, disability, child protection, the environment, Aboriginal affairs, and Treasury. She accompanied the Premier on trade and investment missions to the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Singapore and Vietnam.
Bronwyn understands government processes, is politically savvy, and has delivered communications for state budgets, state elections, other major events and corporate announcements.
Following her years in government, Bronwyn led the media and communications team at the University of South Australia and as a consultant, has delivered strategic communications projects for both small and large government and non-government clients.
She is highly regarded by her peers for her insightful, high quality and engaging journalism, along with her political, policy and educational nous, and by her clients for her practical and responsible approach to communications and strategy.
- END OF AN ERA FOR BOILEAU BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY
- Hundreds flock to 24/7 National Pharmacies store in first week
- Flinders Port Holdings welcomes PV Spirit to its fleet
- Adelaide welcomes back Emirates
- RDA highlights 23 projects to build the state to 2028
- SA’s first 24-hour pharmacy opens in Norwood
- Blog: Navigating the use of visual language in corporate communications
- Experienced Communications Adviser Bronwyn Hurrell Joins Hughes PR
- Parkstone and Centennial buy top performing Bundaberg retail centre
- Shovel ready for CH4 Global’s first full-scale EcoPark on Eyre Peninsula
- CH4 Global™ delivers Methane Tamer for South Australia’s first continuous commercial use
- Aus Lights returns to delight in 2024!
- Hutt St Centre’s Aspire program eases pressure on hospitals, saves the Government $32.7m
- CH4 Global Recognized as a Key Climate Solution in the World Farmers’ Organization's Future of Food Series
- DETPAK LAUNCHES AUSTRALIAN-FIRST BROAD RANGE OF SUGARCANE PACKAGING WITH NO-ADDED PFAS
- Helping Hand partners with Findon Technical College to offer career opportunities in aged care
- Calling all potential puppy raisers - Guide Dog puppies are coming to Yorke Peninsula!
- National Pharmacies opens its first 24-7 pharmacy in SA
- Blog: Navigating a seamless festive season
- Businesses urged to give the Christmas gift of corporate volunteering