The key objectives of the communications strategy were to:
- Strategic and practical public relations and communications support.
- Reinforce the College's commitment to excellence and innovation in education.
- Celebrate the achievements of its students and teachers.
- Strengthen its community ties.
- Protect its reputation via effective issues management.
Through the mechanism of a rolling Communications Calendar, opportunities for publicity and internal and external stakeholder communications are mapped out against a series of agreed outcomes and matched against key events in both the school‘s and community calendar.
Scotch College’s first principal exchange has been featured on Channel 7’s Weekend Sunrise.
The story followed Scotch College Principal Tim Oughton to Scotland and Robert Gordon's College Principal Hugh Ouston to Adelaide as they spent three months managing the day-to-day operations of their adopted schools.
Believed to be a first for Australian schools, the exchange is providing opportunities for the Principals to review leadership structures and refresh the educational blueprint of their respective Colleges whilst learning about another culture.